Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
If you currently do not submit claims electronically or need assistance, please contact one of our preferred clearinghouses (By clicking any of the links below, you will leave the CareFirst website and access a vendor website. The vendor is solely responsible for the services it provides.):
- ChangeHealthcare (formerly known as EMDEON) at (866) 369-8805
- Availity at (800) 282-4548
- RelayHealth at (800) 527-8133, option 2
Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT)
The following clearinghouses also offer electronic fund transfer (EFT) services (By clicking any of the links below, you will leave the CareFirst website and access a vendor website. The vendor is solely responsible for the services it provides.):
The following information is required when contacting your clearinghouse to enroll for EFT services:
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) – Billing NPI
- Provider Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Reason for Submission : New/Change/Cancel Enrollment
- Requested EFT Start/Change/Cancel date
- Practice/Provider Name
- Financial Institution Information (including Financial Institution Name, Financial Institution Routing Number, Type of Account (Checking/Savings), Provider's Account Number
Contact your financial institution and arrange for the delivery of the CORE-Required minimum CCD+ Data Elements. This assures successful reassociation for EFT payment with ERA remittance.
With EFT transmission, CareFirst will discontinue the delivery of your paper remittance notice. Your Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA-835) will be delivered by your clearinghouse and will be your new payment voucher.
The ERA-835 will include payment details and HIPAA adjustment and remarks codes necessary for you to reconcile your patient accounts. If a copy of this information is needed, you should contact your clearinghouse.
View our EFT FAQs or contact your clearinghouse with any questions regarding specific EFT enrollment capabilities.